PDA

查看完整版本 : 想聽聽大家的意見...

davidchang
2007-06-17, 10:15 AM
年初至今已有五家創投和我連絡想要對台灣英語網(www.English.com.tw)投入資金,但一,我不缺錢和二,我實在沒空專心來管台灣英語網,所以不敢接收資金來亂搞而捥拒了。但最近常在想如果與其出售股份,如果將台灣英語網整個脫手讓別人專心管理和運作的話,它的整體價值在台灣不知如何評估? 所以想聽聽大家的意見。

一些台灣英語網的資料:

1. 台灣英語網流量不大約 ~4,000 單機流量一天,網頁流纜約 11,000 次一天
2. 會員數 29,188 每日會員數成長約 40 ~ 50 人

哈啦
2007-06-17, 11:37 AM
恭喜先。
不知這些創投願意投入多少金錢換取多少股份?

18SUPER
2007-06-18, 12:07 AM
嗯 我也很好奇? 呵

davidchang
2007-06-18, 06:42 AM
因為不怎麼感興趣所以都沒有進入具體的討論,但通過台灣英語網表單聯絡我的最高”欲投資額度 (美金)”為十萬,另外值得一提的是來自於商業周刊的公司轉投資的聯絡表單。

我個人認為台灣英語網的價值主張 (value proposition) 為:

1. 台灣英語網的定位: 英語 + 網路 (自己想像囉…)
2. 台灣英語網的訪客和會員為英語產業的高純度目標客戶
3. 台灣英語網本身可開發/生產的價值,例如補習班的登錄費用8,168家補習班 * 1,200 NTD 一年的登錄費用等
4. 台灣英語網的廣告價值,可經銷或廣告英語相關的產品或服務等
5. 台灣英語網的品牌價值 (English.com.tw)

前幾天我小姨子打電話到美國給我老婆…也不知道廠商是如何取得我在台灣的聯絡資訊打電話給我(我小姨子接的)說要登廣告且一直找不到我(明明站上就有聯絡表單)… 重點是我個人認為”台灣英語網”可開發商機不小但: 一,我人不在台灣和二,時間真得有限…

我的幾個想法:

1. 放著不急,反正會生錢,將來回台灣時再專心作
2. 整個脫手,或售出controlling interest,可是現在的valuation難評估
3. 找個在台灣的創業夥伴等…

所以想聽聽大家的意見…

哈啦
2007-06-18, 10:09 AM
這當然要用最簡單的算法,就是台英語網每年的revenue乘上例如五年十年,當作最基本的「底價」~happyguy,然後加上「前景」、「品牌價值」…等。

台灣基本上沒什麼「創投市場」,有創投業,但也大多著眼於硬體的投資料。因此有創投業能看中網站已是稀有動物,但投入金額可能都不高,如果和他們投入硬體市場的金額來比較的話。

因此他們投入這筆錢,十萬美金好了,是要占多少share?說實話,一來你不缺這錢來經營,二來多一個shareholder有些麻煩,又不是說出個很大的金額來buy you out,是不是?

我個人看倒覺得有意投入所謂創投資金的很可能其實是「英語補教業者」,而非真正的venture capital。

一點個人的看法。你不妨接接廣告,進一步確定網站的revenue model,那它的價值還要另行計算囉。~happyguy

steven
2007-06-18, 09:56 PM
乘上五年十年??域名市場的基數不是只有三年左右?

哈啦
2007-06-18, 10:49 PM
乘上五年十年??域名市場的基數不是只有三年左右?

其實沒有一定的算法,但品質愈好的就能乘上愈多的年數。三年大概是一般流量收入的域名,好一點的五到十年都有。我想一個成熟且有一定流量的網站,價值應比照好的域名來計算。

davidchang
2007-06-25, 12:05 AM
新消息... 今天收到了一個想買台灣英語網的offer....

... 200 USD! :dead:dead

哈啦
2007-06-25, 02:19 AM

台灣的人出的價嗎?光網址就不值這個價。:wave

dale
2007-06-25, 06:12 AM
好嗆。對方是小孩子嗎?XD

davidchang
2007-07-14, 10:28 AM
剛剛又收到了一封 台灣英語網 的 "投資計畫聯繫表單" ,對方好像是電子公司轉投資...

> 欲投資額度 (美金):
> $250,000 ~ $500,000

是目前算最大筆的!

這樣看來 台灣英語網 還是有價值的 :)

我還是回絕了...

Dear Frank,

謝謝您的來信!

台灣英語網 目前只是一個在 Method Technology, Inc. 公司 (a US company)
下的一支企劃(project),並不是一個獨立的公司,所以目前在台灣並沒有設辦公室。

台灣英語網 目前尚未有任何集資的計劃,我們將把您的資料收錄,一但我們有集資的規劃,我們將主動與您聯絡!

謝謝!

哈啦
2007-07-14, 03:14 PM
25到50萬美金,不錯的數目啊。

18SUPER
2007-07-14, 03:31 PM
真希望小弟的 taiwanbbs . com
也有人投資~~

現在查"台灣論壇" google 排到僅次於 twbbs.net.tw 嘍

哈啦
2007-07-14, 04:52 PM
真希望小弟的 taiwanbbs . com
也有人投資~~

現在查"台灣論壇" google 排到僅次於 twbbs.net.tw 嘍

真不錯。不過看一下論壇的內容結構,似乎在台灣依然得靠一些十八禁之類的東西來支撐。:XD:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7321/26820625zt4.gif

shopkeeper
2007-07-17, 07:22 PM
新消息... 今天收到了一個想買台灣英語網的offer....

通常他只是試試看水溫..

:hehe

davidchang
2008-03-21, 09:13 AM
大大小小的offer基本上每一陣子都有一、二個

但不知道是不是 www.English.Asia 連帶的影響,今天收到了一個"可能"是 English.com.tw 有史以來最大的buyout offer...

1 mil. USD!! :songyy:songyy

Dear Dave, Thank you for your prompt reply. Would you sell it around 1 mil. USD. I might have a buyer/investor. The only concern is how you get rid of the current users.

On 3/19/08, David Chang <dXXXXXXXXXXXtw> wrote:

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have no intention to sell English.com.tw project at this time.

Thanks,
- dave

On 3/19/08, 台灣英語網 - English(英語) + .com(網際網路) + .tw(台灣) <SXXXXXXXXXtw> wrote:

您的貴姓大名:
aXXXXXXXXXz

您的電子郵件:
aXXXXXX@gmail.com

您代表的公司:
personal

資金型態:
私人投資

欲投資額度 (美金):
$10,000

訊息留言:
I may not be the first person who wants to know your asking price for English.com.tw. But How much exactly if you want to sell it tommorrow? in cash.

Submitted by: 訪客
IP address: XXXXXXXXX.18
User agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.2)

但... 我還是謝絕了

ras0314
2008-03-21, 11:55 AM
想學英文的人很多...

想對的可開發資源也很多~~

重點是有人有心有時間有能力才能做~~~

而english.com.tw 初期就有好幾個有心的人在幫忙解答
討論...找資料互相漏氣 ^^

這個風氣是很難得的^^ :ubest

加油

go go go

錢景看好 ^^

ismile
2008-03-21, 12:15 PM
回絕 100 萬美金的 offer,應該也是要有很大的勇氣吧。

steven
2008-03-21, 02:19 PM
The only concern is how you get rid of the current users.

他不要現有會員?...難不成他只要domain?

哈啦
2008-03-21, 02:57 PM
哇靠!

我第一時間只能暫時想到如此的回應!:XD:

davidchang
2008-03-21, 08:55 PM
又來了 又來了...

Dear Alex,

I agree with you 100% if not more that if it's just for the domain, I personally won't even pay over 100K for it. However, English.com.tw project is not just domain anymore. It's effectively now the online portal for English education seeker in Taiwan.

English.com.tw currently has little over 40,000 members (all of which are target customers for English related product and service), with daily unique IP traffic around 4,000 and pageviews of well over 10,000. Oh, let's not forget to add the SEO premium to it; for example, if you search the term "English" (or hundreds of other highly priced keywords, let me know if you want the list) on http://www.google.com.tw and http://tw.yahoo.com, you will find English.com.tw to be listed on high top. (all the numbers present above can be verified via Google Analytic by the way)

So, what does all of the above translates to? I personally think it translates to competitive advantage, very little or no marketing dollar is needed for whatever advertisement campaign you plan to have in the future, and effective and most importantly, immediate capture of market share.

With economic down turn like this, investors/bankers/private funds are more likely to look around for a alternative way to hedge their positions, promise Internet business like English.com.tw might just be another way for them to hedge effectively.

Also, I couldn't agree with you more that it is like real estate business, the longer you can't sell you house, the worst the value of it will be. But the thing is... I am not trying to sell it. :)

Again Alex, I want to thank you for your interest and I wish you the best. Good luck on picking the project. This is a small world (especially Taiwan), if you stay in English education business in Taiwan, I am sure our path will across again in the future. Until them, my best wish to you :-)

Thanks,
- dave
- Hide quoted text -

On 3/20/08, alex scheiden <alexXXXXXX@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Dave,

Not quite sure if your goal is realistic or not, unless you have a proven income from your site's daily activity, which for sure alexa can't help you on that. My client has a stronger background in language businesses and retailing. The valuation is done and English.com.tw is just 1 candidate with other 8 sites he is interested. He believes that we can make it better. Like you said, It is like real estate business, the longer you can't sell you house, the worst the value of it will be. Luckily you didn;t put too much money in it, as far as we see, unless you promise too much to your key managers, but again I don't see they are doing anything much to help the traffic. So if you are really a hit and run real estate expert, I think you can make a better offer. anything over 1 million we think is a fairy tale.

Alex

On 3/20/08, David Chang <davidXXXXXXtw> wrote:
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your interest and I am sorry to dispoint you again that
I am not ready to sell the project at this time or at least not at
that price. I had similair offer 3Q07 and my exit strategy is 5 mil
for this project.

If you don't mind I ask, why are willing to spend 1 million dollars on
just the domain and not the entire project? And what's your
intention/plan with the name?

哈啦
2008-03-21, 09:36 PM